The Worship Center Renovation
Vision & Goals
Any good plan begins and ends with its vision and goals in mind. Once complete, here’s what this plan will accomplish:
We want our spaces to reflect our mission, encourage visitors to encounter Jesus, and equip members and attenders for Gospel witness.
Warm & Friendly
Our spaces should communicate our desire to welcome guests and should be easy to navigate for first-timers.
Areas to sit and linger facilitate conversations, community, growth in relationships, and encourage a close-knit church family.
An updated color palette, lighting elements, and natural design elements convey a sense of warmth.
Updates to the visuals of our spaces will bring our facility’s look and feel into the 21st Century.
New furniture, equipment, and systems allow more control over auditorium lighting, audio, and video as well as more configurations in gathering spaces.
Updated seating in the auditorium, along with new lighting and audio equipment, improves the experience for everyone.
Updated facilities allow us to make better use of spaces, energy, and personnel throughout the ministry year.
There are plenty of reasons to renovate a building…but here are just a handful of the immediate benefits we’ll experience once the Reaching Beyond campaign is complete!
Vision & Goals
- Warm and friendly
- 1,550 total seats: 1,100 on main floor and 450 in the balcony
- Three primary entrances: two located near the building’s north and south doors, plus a central entrance featuring wide stairs and/or ramps
- New LED dimmable house lighting and new ceiling pads and grid
- Comfortable, upholstered individual seating to replace pews
- New audio, visual, and lighting systems
- Expanded platform with flared side wings
- Stage side walls create storage and pre-stage space with curtains for separation
- Reconstructed audio and visual booths
- Refinished platform walls with wood finish matching the building’s design features
- New finishes including carpet and painted walls
- Expanded size to provide informal gathering space and seating areas
- New sound-rated auditorium separation wall
- Three focused entrances to the auditorium
- Raised ceiling
- New finishes including carpet, painted walls, and wood-finished walls throughout
- New round aluminum finishes on columns
- New soffits and open/closed ceilings featuring lighting and signage for unification and wayfinding
- New lighting to define entrances, feature walls, and to include decorative wall-mounted and suspended fixtures
- Guest service area at main entrances
- New locations for flexible-use serving areas (coffee, snacks, information)
- Movable information desk
- New furniture including various tables, chairs, and soft seating
- Updated code-compliant sprinkler system
- New HVAC system
- Gas line separation with new meter
- New security system
- Possible reconfiguration of bookstore
- Updates to GraceKIDS rooms
Proposed Floor Plan
The updated Worship Center will feature widened gathering spaces for ample seating, serving areas, and guest services. The new auditorium will feature individual seating, an extended platform, side-stage space, and updated audio, visual, and lighting systems.
Ask God to reveal what He’s calling you to contribute to this initiative. Join with your spouse or family members to commit yourself to follow His leading.